With recent concerns regarding the COVID-19 Virus, New Vista has put together an emergency procedure in case our school is mandated to close. Please review the information below for your reference, and feel free to contact any of the administrators at school if you have any questions or concerns.
Dear NVS families,
Below are the procedures in the unlikely event the school incurs a closure. The school administration will inform you via a One Call Now text and Constant Contact email when the closure will occur, how long it is anticipated to last, and additional updates as information becomes available. You can also check our website, under the “News Now” tab for more details.
- A text alert will be sent by One Call Nowto your phone announcing the closure and date.
- An email alert will be sent from Constant Contact with the same information.
- If you need a Chromebook for your student, please let Mr. Lowenthal know as soon as possible. He can meet you in front of the school on a scheduled day/time. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you need your student’s textbooks, please let Mr. Lowenthal know. He will schedule a specific date/time to meet at the front of the school for pickup. (email@example.com)
- If you require your student’s one on one aide to be at home, please inform Mrs. Carter and we will work with the district to make arrangements. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you are seeking home support or tutoring help outside of district contracts, please email Ms. Carrillo and she can provide a list of staff availability. This would be a private arrangement between the parents and the staff member. (email@example.com)
- Your student’s current class schedule is in their binder.
- Classroom work and Homework will be posted on Google Classroom each day. Specific instructions will be provided by teachers, along with the necessary resources students may need to learn and complete their work. Pay special attention toto notes, video links, and quiz dates. Work will be turned in through Google Classroom, reviewed, edited, and graded to give student feedback and reflection.
- Teachers will be available from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm each day. You can email questions, use the chat feature within Google Classroom, or set up a video chat using Google Hangouts.
- Homework will be assigned as usual.
- All assignments will be posted on PowerSchool as usual.
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns. We appreciate your help during this unusual time.
New Vista School