New Vista School is a privately funded school for students age 11 through 18+. Tuition provides a portion of our operating budget. Like all non-profit organizations, we raise funds to bridge the gap between tuition and actual costs. The school provides tuition assistance to those families who qualify for partial assistance. Additional funding is required for large capital expenditures, the replacement of older equipment, field trips, assemblies and future planning. These essential expenses represent some of the reasons that additional funds must be raised through events, grants and individual assessments. Connections to the larger ASD and business communities are the responsibility of all individuals involved with this highly specialized school.
The financial areas that currently require additional fundraising at New Vista School for the 2019-2020 school year are:
- Google Chromebooks
- Staff Laptops
- Cloud Based Classroom Printers
- Building repair and Maintenance (Painting, new roof)
- Building upgrades (Support room, restroom addition)
- Air conditioner replacement
- Classroom Projectors
- Technology upgrades
- Sports Equipment
- New Kitchen, equipment, and supplies
TUITION/STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Approximately 10 awards for assistance with tuition are given each year with the usual award of $10,000.00 – $100,000.00
- Trips to Sacramento and San Diego are offered each year, with some students unable to afford the cost of $800.00 per trip – $ 2,400.00
SOCIAL SKILLS STORE & STUDENT REWARDS
The social skills and school wide behavioral program of NVS include reward systems. There is a store for students to purchase items of their choice with positive point accumulation The school must keep items of interest for secondary students. The school cost is approximately $5,000.00 per year. Items and money are helpful donations. – $ 5,000.00
This represents immediate needs and does not address the long term planning costs necessary to maintain a quality school. Therefore, the administration is always raising money and looking for help to support those efforts.
You can support the New Vista Family by donating to any of these needs or by making a general donation to the future of our school and programs.