Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you for another successful week of remote education. Students continue to do very well during this shelter in place time. We received feedback from teachers that we wanted to share. We appreciate any help you can provide.
1, Students are having to spend a lot of time on the computer. We will provide intermittent breaks to reduce the amount of screen
time. Minimizing the amount of time on the computer after school ends will also be helpful.
2. Students are not responding to calls to join the class.
3. Students are “freezing” their picture on the screen and “pretending” to be on camera.
4. Students should be at a desk or table during instruction. Not lying on their bed or lounging on a couch.
5. Daily grooming habits should continue.
6. We will be implementing additional social and school activities to help the students connect with friends and promote school spirit.
7. Some internet connections may be slow. You can check your internet upload and download speeds at one of the following links.(or just google “speedtest”) https://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/ or
You can reach out to your internet provider for assistance if your results are unsatisfactory. They should be able to assist with any issues. Some may even offer temporary upgrades during the shelter in place order.
8. Please help support us with making sure your student is still organizing their binders and filing their papers in the correct sleeve for easy retrieval. We are losing instruction time because the students are not getting binder checks done as they were when they were in school (i.e. Papers should not be spread out on the floor, desks and beds).
9. A break of 60-120 minutes is recommended after school work is over to reduce eye fatigue and maximize attention for the 250 minutes of class instruction. This will really help the students since we have another 40 days of school.
As always, thank you for your continued support. We welcome any feedback and comments.
New Vista School